VBS Week 2, Our Final Days in Kenya
The sun has set here in Kangundo, and we’re heading into our final day of VBS. Tomorrow will also be our second to last day of the trip, which is shocking to us! Time has flown by. We have been so busy here, working hard in our own areas, and as a team. This week, Pastor Chris and Janet have been with the pastors of Kenya Evangelical Ministries and their wives, teaching them truth from the word of God.
Pastor Chris taught the pastors about how to keep unity, and the things in our life that can tear it apart. Janet spoke to the women about being made in the image and likeness of God, the unique design of women, and how they are called to live as a wife of a pastor. This time at the Bible College has been prosperous, convicting, and eye opening. Thank you for all of your prayers! They have made all the difference! The Lord is certainly working in the lives of these brothers and sisters ways we cannot even see!
On Tuesday, we started our final session of VBS in Kyanchavi. It’s been exciting, yet challenging, starting again with a totally new location and group of children. We’re so thankful that it has gone well. This evening, we find ourselves gearing up for our final VBS day. As a team, we’ve been exposed to a lot of special music. We’ve really enjoyed learning the song, You Are So Faithful. We brought it to VBS yesterday, and the children knew it and loved it! We had approximately 100 kids today, and hope that even more will come tomorrow. Dave will be teaching them about Jesus walking on the water and calming the storm. As we are nearing the end of our time here, we are abundantly grateful. We’re humbled by the Lord’s protection and provision through this time. We feel the strength of your prayers, and we are especially grateful for the way you have faithfully stood by us. As we prepare to come home, we greatly appreciate your ongoing prayers.
Please pray for:
- For our final day of VBS, that we may have the energy and insight to finish strong and encourage the children to follow Jesus!
- For the hearts of these children, that they would be receptive to what we have to teach and they would remember this truth.
- Pastor Chris’ final day with the pastors, that his mind would be clear as he speaks from his heart about how God calls them to deal with ministry challenges.
- That we would remain flexible, adaptable, and teachable, even after we return home.
- For our physical well-being, and rest during our final two nights here.
- For lasting fruit from our time here in the lives of the children from VBS and the pastors and their wives.
- As we celebrated the past 30 years of God’s faithfulness through Lois’ ministry in Kenya Evangelical Mission, that the next 30 years would be faithful and fruitful until the Lord returns (1 Thess. 4:16-18).
- For safety in our travels, (and for our luggage to make it home safely too!)
- Patience and grace through each phase of our journey home.
More in Kenya Team 2019
August 21, 2019VBS Week 2, Our Final Days in Kenya
August 19, 2019Exploring Kenya's Beauty, 30th Anniversary Celebration
August 15, 2019VBS Grows, Ministry in Churches